A whole new PogoPlug device, called the PogoPlug Biz is coming that is the word on the street today. It offers a number of handsome features and sports a white case, instead of the jarring pink of the non-biz version. A great little gadget, Pogoplug connects up to four hard drives to the Internet. It is very useful for serving up files, music and movies to anyone, anywhere. A bunch of features are added by a new business version of PogoPlug, the Pogoplug Biz for small and medium business (SMB) users. It is similar to Dropbox, but the data is not on some other company’s servers. The Pogoplug Biz is accessible for pre-order at Pogoplug.com/buy for $299 and contains lifetime Pogoplug service.
Basic function of Pogoplug is to store files and share them with customers and co-workers and it is unchanged. However, the Pogoplug Biz adds:
- Usage stats and auditing
- Easy file uploads, including via email
- Easy remote backup
- Extensive customization: skin the interface with your corporate identity
- Remote printing to any Pogoplug-connected printer (even from an iPad)
- Advanced admin controls: secure accounts, storage quotas etc
The new PogoPlug Biz lets for a lot of customization, everything from the domain used to access the web-based shares to the logo, color and background image displayed. This goes a long way to making the PogoPlug handy for business environments as they can share files with clients without having to try to explain what a PogoPlug is or why their clients need to use it. Maybe the addition of usage stats and auditing is the biggest new feature of it. This will be a boon to small businesses everywhere, by this they can know how many times a file was accessed, and whether it was downloaded or streamed.
The ability to email files to your PogoPlug, printing from mobile devices to a printer attached to your PogoPlug, and storage quotas for new users are its new additional features.
Pogoplug Biz features include:
- Usage Statistics and Auditing: quickly access a summary of ways usually a file or folder has been viewed, streamed or downloaded. Keep track of the number of views, streams, and downloads
- Customization: customize the feel and appear of the Pogoplug interface, including the color, logo, domain name and background image. Customize the appear and feel of emails which are sent whenever you share files
- Web View-Only Sharing: share viewable files over the net while preventing them from being downloaded. Web View is perfect for creative professionals and photographers who like to show clients previews of work but not allow them to download the files
- Custom Email Addresses: claim your individual custom email addresses and let your clients email files for your Pogoplug. Create an infinite number of custom upload folders and give them each a distinct email address to share along with your clients
- Cloud/Mobile Printing: print from any mobile device, including the iPhone and iPad. Print to any printer connected to Pogoplug, from anywhere
- Multiple Users: allows an administrator to set access levels and storage quotas for individual users
- Remote backup: continuously mirror all or component to your Pogoplug storage to a second Pogoplug in a remote location
CEO of Cloud Engines, Inc. Daniel Putterman said, “Businesses need online storage and sharing solutions that aren\’t encumbered by fees or limitations,” and “Pogoplug Biz gives companies a secure, private and customizable technique to solve this problem.”