KDDI has introduced a new phone called X-Ray Phone in Japan. The idea of this new and creative phone comes from KDDY’s iida designer brand. KDDI X-Ray Phone is designed by Tokujin Yoshioka. Check out the Specifications & Review of X-Ray Phone here.
KDDI X-Ray Phone holds Electronic constituents like PC board, integrated circuits and visibly come out because it has the transparent body. Phone comes with a solid crystal stand, which makes the impression that the phone is floating on air.
This innovative phone is accessible with either a red, blue or black translucent color. This phone has completely new design that exhibits a fresh presence, achieved through design that expands the internal structure, all the way to the shape, color, and pattern of constituents. It contains outstanding color and luster and transparent body that makes it luxurious phone.
This new clamshell phone is a transparent case with a LED display beneath. The LED display shows notifications and alerts at a resolution of 7 x 102 pixels. The main LCD display is 3-inches, and the phone has capacity to play 1-Seg recordings and make Near Field Communication (NFC) payments. It is powered by a D8650 CDMA-ready Snapdragon together with a CDMA/GSM baseband support making it feasible for use in 196 countries around the world.
KDDI X-RAY runs the BREW OS from Qualcomm. It is ready with CDMA and permits users to connect GDMA networks as well as GSM. The device also integrates an 8-megapixel camera that is able to take 9 or 4 shot constant shooting. The price of X-RAY phone is not declared by the company but it is assumed that it will not come with cheap price because it has a crystal accessory.
KDDI X-Ray Phone specification:
- It can support microSDHC up to 16 GB
- QSD8650 CDMA-ready Snapdragon
- Dimensions: 49 x 110 x 15.7 mm
- Weight: 123 g
- Display size: Approx. 3.0 inch (main display), 7 x 102 dot matrix (sub-display)
- Display type: TFT Liquid Crystal (main display)
- 8.08 megapixel CMOS camera with auto focus and video recording capabilities
- GSM radio
- Incoming email: Approx. 3.14 MB or 1000 mails
- Outgoing email: Approx. 1.84 MB or 500 mails
- 3.0 inches TFT LCD
- 7 x 102 dot matrix sub-display
- Size (width x height x depth): Approx. 49 x 110 x 15.7 mm
- Continuous standby time: Approx. 270 hours
- Continuous call time: Approx. 210 minutes
- Data folder capacity: Approx. 828 MB or 5,000 items
- External memory: 16 GB microSDHC™ class 2 and above/encryption compatibility
- Photo shooting: Maximum photo size: 3264×2448
Functions of the KDDI X-Ray Phone:
- Photo Viewer
- ECO Mode
- Key customization
- Transfer of Recorded Terrestrial Digital TV
- Privacy protection display
Photos of x-ray phone:
KDDI-iida/X-RAY PV video from youtube: