The new version 5 Beta has been officially reached by Skype for Windows. It comes with special feature of Facebook integration. As usual, a brand new version of Skype for Windows provides free calls so one can talk whenever they want. After post hitting on web, Skype 5 Beta is available on internet for public download. Skype 5 Beta comes with the most noticeable changes such as addition of photos to the contacts list and the new Facebook tab.
Feature like Group video calls is also added in Skype 5 betas that automatically shift the focus to the person who is speaking, which makes it easier to follow video chats with large groups of people. Your News Feed is brought into Skype by the new Facebook tab. It also allows post messages, comment, and like updates as you would in any other Facebook client. With just a few clicks, user can makes calling or texting their Facebook friends easier from Facebook Phonebook in Skype. It also carries automatic call recovery auto-redials system which redials call whenever it’s dropped.
The quality manager of Skype 5 Beta provides real time information on video or voice call quality as well as tips for solving any problems that occur. Skype Home, a new dashboard, is basically a feed of user’s contacts’ mood messages, which sounds strangely Twitter-ish, but it’s also the way to access tutorials about everything that Skype does. Skype has also made some interesting stats available i.e. 40% of all Skype-to-Skype minutes used in six months were for video calls, and Skype users spend an average of 520 million minutes per day calling people from Skype along with the announcement of the new version.
An average of 520 million minutes has been taken by Skype users every day talking to people on Skype. To provide a clean and more powerful communications experience, they simplified the user interface with the new Skype. Users are provided an immersive call experience that reduces distraction when they initiate a voice or video call with someone.
Main features of New Skype for Windows:
- Free Skype-to-Skype calls.
- Cell phones and mobiles.
- Free instant messaging.
- Send text messages (SMS).
- Free video calls.
- Forward calls to a phone when you’re offline.
- Speakers and microphone – built-in or separate
- For group video calling everyone on the call needs Skype 5.0 for Windows or Skype 5.0 Beta for Mac, plus webcams. You’ll also need a high-speed broadband connection (we recommend sustained 512 kbit/s downlink or more) and a computer with a 1 GHz processor (minimum) or Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz (recommended).
- Internet connection – broadband is best (GPRS is not supported for voice calls).
- For best quality on group video beta calls, we recommend that calls include up to five people.
- For voice and video calls we recommend a computer with at least a 1GHz processor, 256 MB RAM and of course a webcam.
- PC running Windows® 2000, XP, Vista or 7, both 32- and 64-bit operating systems. (Windows 2000 users require DirectX 9.0 for video calls).
- Version 188.8.131.52 File size 20 MB. Official release. Release date: October 14, 2010. File name: SkypeSetup.exe
Download Skype 5 Beta with Facebook Integrated from www.skype.com
Video of New Skype for Windows – Rick Osterloh talks about Facebook integration and group video calling from YouTube: