Read the review of the latest LG Smartphone, Prime which is announced by AT&T GoPhones. LG Prime Prepaid GoPhone is equipped in a candybar form factor and has great features including 3-inch QVGA touchscreen display, 2-megapixel camera, support for mobiTV mobile television service and microSD card slot. The LG Prime incorporated with AT&T Social Net application lets you to view and manage all your social networking connections and updates from Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter. It is available at price tag of Rs. $99.99.
LG Prime Prepaid GoPhone supports quad-band GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz networks. The LG Prime is equipped with a colorful display, spontaneous controls, customizable home screen, a music player, an HTML Web browser, a 2.0-megapixel camera and bluetooth.
With this latest phone, you can easily refill your minutes by cards or the internet, or choose to prepay every month and turn over vacant minutes. LG Prime is GPS-enabled phone, that’s why it can access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn guidelines, and the AT&T Mobile Music service with MusicID function. It also comes with some extra features such as multi-format digital audio player, an integrated FM radio, microSD memory expansion (to 16 GB), Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, up to 4 hours of talk time, and access to mobile e-mail and instant messaging services. The total weight of LG Prime is 3.14 ounces and measures 25 x 2.08 x 0.5 inches. Its 900 mAh lithium-ion battery is charged at up to 4 hours of talk time and up to 384 hours (16 days) of standby time. The LG Prime comes with some disadvantage like touch screen is a little sluggish, photo quality is mediocre, surfing full HTML pages is not a smooth experience. In spite of its fault, the LG Prime is a pleasant phone.
LG Prime look is similar to LG Vu Plus. The Prime is quipped in rectangular design with curved corners, and measures 2.08 inches wide by 4.25 inches long by 0.5 inch thick. The phone comes with lightweight body, by which user feels cheap plasticky feel in hand. The Phone’s vibrant and bright display is also imposing and gives it the look of a high end phone.
The LG Prime is equipped with 3 inch touch screen and resolution of 400 x 240 pixels. It supports for approximately 262,000 colors. The users of the mobile phone can easily adjust the size and color for the dialing fonts. You can also adjust the backlight timer and brightness of the phone. The Phone dialer has a nice roomy virtual keypad with shortcuts for speakerphone, contact list, voice command and recent call. For writing new message, it also offers QWERTY keypad. Under the Phone’s display three physical keys are located for Clear/Back, End/Power and Send. The left border of the phone hosts the microSD card slot and volume rocker, while on the right back there are the charger jack, camera key and screen lock key. The 3.5mm headset jack is located on top of the camera.
The LG Prime has phonebook memory of 1,000 entries, with each entry including space for six numbers, four instant-messenger names, three e-mail addresses, a display name, a company name, three street addresses, a Web address, an anniversary, a memo and a birthday. The phone also comes with other features such as a vibrate mode, a speakerphone, text and multimedia messaging, a calendar, a calculator, an alarm clock, a notepad, a task list, a world clock, a unit converter, a tip calculator, and a stopwatch. It also offers some other superior features such as voice command, a voice recorder, instant messaging, an FM radio, AT&T’s mobile e-mail, which allows you to check your personal e-mail and Bluetooth.
Using AT&T Service, LG Prime delivered decent call quality. You are also able to hear your caller voice very clear with decent volume. The Photo Quality of the Phone is not good. The Photo colors showed dull and slightly gray.
Technical Specifications of AT&T LG Prime Prepaid GoPhone
- Battery Capacity: 900 mAH
- Talk time: Up to 4 hours
- Standby time: Up to 16 days
- Weight: 3.14 ounces
- Size (inches): 4.25 x 2.08 x .50 inches
- Internal memory storage: 48 MB
- Expandable memory storage: 16 GB
- Memory format: microSD(TM)
- GSM/GPRS: 1900/850/900/1800 MHz
- EDGE high speed data network: yes
- BLUETOOTH® technology: 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate (EDR)
- FOTA capable – upgrade Firmware Over the Air: yes
- Display size : 3 inches
- Resolution (pixels) : 400 x 240 pixels
- Colors : 262K Color TFT
Features of AT&T LG Prime Prepaid GoPhone
- 3-inch touch screen display
- 2-megapixel camera/camcorder with up to 2x digital zoom
- Multi-format digital audio player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+ formats
- Integrated FM radio
- Memory expansion through microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile–enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture and instant messaging (IM)–via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, and Windows Live
- EDGE data connectivity with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps–fast enough to support a range of data services including full picture messaging, Internet access, and e-mail on the go
- Enjoy quick social networking access through AT&T Social Net
- AT&T Social Netprovides easy access to all your social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace in one easy-to-use interface
- Web browser
- Voice dialing and voice command capabilities
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarm clock, tasks, world clock, and calculator
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- USB connectivity (cable not included)
- TTY/TTD compatible
- Hearing Aid (HAC) rating: M3/T3
AT&T LG Prime Prepaid GoPhone video from youtube: