Takara Tomy, a Japanese children’s merchandise manufacturer revealed its 3D Toy Camera as 3D Shot Cam at price of $70. The camera is specially created for 12 or above aged children. The 3D Shot Cam is featured with a 0.3 Megapixel sensor, two lenses and a SD car slot. With the announcement of the 3D Shot Cam, the 3D hype is coming into the toy bazaar.
Takara Tomy declared a simple photo camera named 3D Shot Cam with two lenses. This “toy version of Fujifilm’s FinePix REAL 3D W3” is for a special viewer to view images shot with the camera in 3D. The pictures have to be print out first for showing two shots side by side.
The 3D Shot Cam has a 0.3MP sensor with two 3D viewers and an SD card slot which expanded to 8GB. The camera’s size is 55×142×30mm, weighs 100g. Shortly, the toy camera will be available for selling at $70 price tag. The camera is available in two colors: white and pink.
Takara Tomy want to sell 50,000 units per year in Japan, nothing saying about international distribution plans. Takara Tomy’s 3D Toy Camera will be launched in Spring 2011 for 5980 Yen.
Description of 3D Shot Cam:
- Product Name: “3D Shot Cam”
- Product Color: White and Pink
- Release Date: Spring 2011
- Age Group: 12 years old and above
- External: SD Card (8 GB up) Optional
- Battery: AAA battery included × 3
- Battery life: Continuous shooting photos 200
- Resolution: 100,000 pixel 3
- Product Size: H5 5 × W1 2 4 × D3 0 mm
- Weighs: 100 g (without batteries)
- Sales target: 50,000 units per year
- In the box: Camera body, two dedicated viewer, manual
- Distribution channels: Mass retailers camera, goods dealers, toy stores, internet, etc.