Today, on 22nd September, 2010, over 3 million students around the country gather at 7:00 a.m. local time at school flagpoles to intercede in prayer for friends, family members, fellow students, teachers and for God to bring a moral and spiritual awakening across the country. “See You At The Pole” (SYATP) celebrates 21st time in this year. It was started 20 years ago in Burleson, Texas, coincides with the 2010 Global Day of Student Prayer.
“See you at the pole” is an annual meeting for public prayer which is organized by conservative Protestant public school students. This observance held on the fourth Wednesday in September since 2006. Roman Catholics, liberal Christians, non-Christians, who may wish to create an inter-faith event at which all theists can participate, are generally excluded from the organizing committee As with the National Day of Prayer. Over other 20 countries are also probable to join this year in the observance as the student-initiated and student-led movement continues to grow.
Church congregations nationwide showed their support for SYATP by sponsoring special “Campus Challenge Sunday” commissioning services ahead of the event over the weekend. Congregations recognized and prayed for Christian students and educators in their congregations. President of the National Network of Youth Ministries, Paul Fleischmann said the event is a great opportunity to unite students. “For 20 years, we have seen this day serve as a springboard for unity for teenagers on their secondary and college campuses. ‘See You At The Pole’ unites students in prayer at the beginning of the school year,” he said. “Challenging youth to take leadership on their campus is always a good idea. Every year, it offers a fresh challenge for them to minister to their friends.”
- the students who are leading and planning your See You at the Pole™ at your school.
- the non-Christian students on your campus who will see or hear about your See You at the Pole™.
- your school’s event starting now, right up to the day of See You at the Pole™.
- Christian students on your campus to make the most of this unique opportunity to explain what happened on the morning of See You at the Pole™ and to be a witness for Christ.
- the Christians at your school to show up ready to pray on See You at the Pole™ day.
Video of Reveal – See You AT The Pole 2010 from YouTube: