Tony Greene Obituary died

Posted by on Sep 29, 2010 | 6 Comments

Today at 4:30 p.m., Gospel singer Tony Greene died. He was removed from the ventilator at post noon. Some people say that he passed but actually he was breathing for few hours. Fans mourned the death of Greene in the lineup.

tony greene

Greene lived with his wife Taranda Greene and her two daughters, Isabelle and Jocelyn. Tony Greene was basically from Boone, North Carolina. In the year 1979, he started singing with Brother Tim, Sister Kim, and Father Everette. In 1980, the first album was recorded and until ’80s they did not come to national prominence as a sibling trio. Kim left and joined her husband, Dean Hopper in the year 1989. But, Amy Lambert replaced her and later by Milena Parks. In 1998 the future spouse of Tony, TaRanda Greene, joined Greenes’ bus. For sometime the two dated and Tony proposed on the NQC Mainstage, about 10 years ago.

At the time of death, he was surrounded by friends as Gerald Wolfe and Amy Lambert, as well as family members Dean and Kim Hopper and Greene Taranda. Greene came to national prominent as part of a trio of gospel singers sibling, the greens. At 2:00 pm, Dean Hopper, Greene’s brother-in-law said it was a “matter of time.” Southerngospelblog.com wrote in a commentary: “Boy, it just hits you right in the gut and I have not even seen or heard him sing in person but he has a wonderful testimony, and we know that for a believer who is absent from the body is present with the Lord.”

1. Michele Mahurin-Linebrink says:

I sit here with a heavy heart. I had the privilage to see The Greenes many, many times. I know hearts are broken, but in II Corinthians 12:9 the Lord said unto Paul, “My grace is sufficient for me”. The heavenly choir has a beautiful voice joing them. My prayers go out to Taranda, the children and the entire Greene family.

2. Angie Corns says:

I was deeply heartbroken when I heard the news. It was just a few months ago they sang at our church. Tony will truly be missed but I know we will all meet again. Tony won the race! God Bless the family and may the Lord give you strenghth and comfort in your loss.

3. To the Greene family,
    My love and prayers go out to you.. What a wonderful Godly man, Tony Greene..They have blessed me so many times at Trinity Baptist Church. And at the singing grounds.. What a wonderful group. Heaven is sweeter now..May the LORD hold you in the palm of His hand..
    Your friend in Christ, Pat Slingerland

4. Shirley Shaw says:

My husband and I attended many of the Greene concerts. We live in Greensboro but travelled many miles many times to be blessed by their musical testimony. God will grant His peace and healing to the family. I know TOny believed that,and I know the family believes that. God bless each of you.

5. Tersea Olinger says:

I am really amazed at the passing of Tony I was just in Dallas with my brother and his wife and had the pleasure of being in their church when they where there. May God bless ad comfort his family he will be missed. Was hoping to see them in fl if they came.

6. Janice Landburg says:

I have been blessed by music and the Word preached by the Greenes. I have been to the concerts every time they came to Tulsa Okla and to their most recent concert in Owasso, Ok. Tony has always blessed us with his words of encouragement and humor. May our God comfort you greatly at this time.