Piranha 3D is a 3D horror film which is directed by Alexandre Aja. Adam Scott, Elisabeth Shue, Kelly Brook, Richard Dreyfuss, Jerry O’Connell, Christopher Lloyd, Ving Rhames, Dina Meyer, Ricardo Antonio Chavira, Paul Scheer, and Eli Roth is the cast of the Piranha 3D.
For the annual Spring Break, the population of sleepy Lake Victoria explodes from 5,000 to 50,000 every year. A sudden underwater earthquake opens an underwater gulf releasing an enormous swarm of ancient Piranha that has been dormant for thousands of years, now with a taste for human flesh. This movie is full of thrill and there’s something more to worry about than the usual hangovers and complaints from locals, a new type of terror is about to be cut loose on Lake Victoria. This script was written by Josh Stolberg and Pete Goldfinger, the writers of Sorority Row.
Directed: Alexandre Aja
Produced: Alexandre Aja
- Elisabeth Shue as Sheriff Julie Forester
- Adam Scott as Novak Radzinsky
- Steven R. McQueen as Jake Forester
- Ving Rhames as Deputy Fallon
- Jerry O’Connell as Derrick Jones
- Jessica Szohr as Kelly Driscoll
- Christopher Lloyd as Mr. Goodman
- Richard Dreyfuss as Matthew Boyd
- Cody Longo as Todd Dupree
- Kelly Brook as Danni
- Riley Steele as Crystal
- Ricardo Chavira as Sam
- Paul Scheer as Andrew
- Dina Meyer as Paula Montellano
Written: Pete Goldfinger
Music: Michael Wandmacher
Distributed: The Weinstein Company
Entertainment Film Distributors (UK)
Release date(s): August 20, 2010
Running: time 89 minutes
Country: United States
Budget: $24,000,000 (estimated)
Preceded: Piranha II: The Spawning
The soundtrack album of Piranha 3-D is released by Lakeshore Records contributes mostly rap, dance, hip-hop and RnB music. Shwayze, Envy, Flatheads, Amanda Blank, Public Enemy, Dub Pistols, etc are the artists.
Following is the Track list of Piranha 3-D:
- “Get U Home” by Shwayze
- “Shake Shake” by Envy feat. Leviticus
- “Here She Comes” by Flatheads
- “Make It Take It” by Amanda Blank
- “Bring The Noise (Remix Pump-kin Edit)” by Public Enemy vs. Benny Benassi
- “She Moves” by Dub Pistols
- “Flower Duet from Lakme” by Adriana Kohutova and Denisa Slepkovska
- “Nadas Por Free” by Ozomatli
- “Come And Get It” Eli Paperboy Reed
- “Now You See It” by Honorebel Feat. Pitbull & Jump Smokers
- “M.A.D.” Hadouken!
- “I’m In The House” by Steve Aoki feat
Review of the movie ‘Piranha 3D’:
In this movie, the most special scene is of Kelly Brook in underwater. This movie doesn’t take itself seriously at all. The premise is pretty much a rip-off of Jaws, there’s plenty of nudity that serves no purpose and several random cameos from actors who shows up in scenes for no reason.
In this film, Emmett “Doc” Brown re-emerged with Lloyd’s character as Mr. Goodman, a crackpot who’s an expert on fish and other underwater creatures. He once again plays a scientist type who has all the answers but is slightly insane. It was great!
Steven R. McQueen was the only person putting in a real performance. He was likable, funny, and easy to follow as the protagonist. It’s almost as if someone forgot to tell him that this was a satire.
This is a horror-thriller, so death scenes are expected but some of them were a bit unnerving. Faces get ripped off, bodies are taken a part (literally), and a certain male reproductive organ gets chewed up and spit out (right into the viewing audience’s face). The killing sequences and the actual piranhas looked bad that featured them nipping away at people’s bodies looked even worse. The majority of the budget didn’t go towards the CGI.
Official Trailer of the movie Piranha 3D from Youtube: