Oprah’s Ticket registration for Australian Tour is started

Posted by on Sep 14, 2010 | 63 Comments

Oprah Winfrey will be heading down under December with her friend John Travolta and 300 very lucky US viewers, announced by her. The tickets will be available only by a lottery via online registration at her website oprah.com and ten.com.au opening in October.

oprah winfrey

Her show will be aired in January 2011. This trip of Oprah is Down Under is part of Australia’s tourism promotion that cost most than $3 million dollars from the federal and NSW government.

Martin Ferguson, Tourism Minister said “$3 million is well spent on Oprah since Hollywood’s top earning host’s show has 40 million following, and is currently syndicated in 145 countries. This, Mr. Ferguson said, represents an opportunity to showcase everything that Australia has to offers to tourists.”

“This truly represents an amazing opportunity to showcase Australia, the warmth and hospitality of our people and the depth and breadth of everything our country has to offer visitors from around the world,” the Tourism Minister said.”We as a nation will win as a result of this coup.”

Around $400,000 bill to lure Oprah Winfrey to the Sunshine State will be faced by Queensland taxpayers.

It is expected by tourism bosses that the eight-day tour down under will provide a significant boost to visitor numbers, with The Oprah Winfrey Show boasting an international audience of hundreds of millions of people.

For Oprah’s Ultimate Australia Adventure audience reservations, you can submit your contact information at www.oprah.com and they will notify you when the reservation window is announced.

Winfrey will film minimum two episodes of her talkshow, with a special Sydney “Oprah” house show on December 14 during her Australia visit. At her show Winfrey’s around 3000 of Australian fans will also be invited to sit in the audience at Sydney Opera House.

“This is really my last chance to do something big. I thought would it be another trip to Philly? Or maybe New York or Los Angeles. Maybe I should take all of you with me to the other side of the world. You’re going to Australia!” added Winfrey, as the audience applauded and screamed.

Winfrey said “audience for the show Monday comprised “300 of her biggest fans” who have been “so loyal, we call you the ultimate. You have all been on this wild ride with me every step of the way, and for that I have deep, heartfelt gratitude to you all”.

She added, “We have been secretly plotting and planning this trip of a lifetime for almost a year with everyone at Tourism Australia. They are ready to roll out the red carpet for all 300 of us”.

1. Anne Anderson says:

Howdy Oprah

I would be so grateful to you if I won tickets to your show. As some hapiness in my life would be great right about now, as Im recently separated and could do with your advice I’ve been in hiding due to my ex drinking my girls live in fear everyday and would like to surprise them with tickets and a trip to Sydney would also be a great birthday present for 1 of my girls. I know you will have alot of entries and I can only hope for the best. You will love Sydney and Australia as they say beautiful one day, perfect the next. You may not want to leave, but you can always come back. I will be praying everyday to win these tickets.

Wishing you all the best, look forward to seeing your shows in Aussie land

Anne

2. Joy Unger says:

Oprah I am so excited just to think you will visit Sydney. I have watched your show for years and you have been an influence on the woman I have become.Oprah I am blessed to have four friends who have been there for me through the good and challenging times in my life. Please Oprah is it possible for the five of us to attend one of your shows in Australia? Oh Oprah that would be the ultimate dream.
    I will be there to greet you at Sydney airport when we receive more news of your arrival.
    Oprah we are not receiving much news here in Aussie land about developments re your shows. It is driving us (Your Fans ) frantic.
    Lots of Love
    Joy (Unger )xo….

3. Kerry koutouridis says:

Hope I get picked can’t wait to c yr show live!!!!

4. Corinne Houldsworth says:

Oprah I love your show & never miss it!Many of your shows have provided me with happiness & contentment in meeting the many challenges in life raising identical triplet girls ,who were conceieved naturally! My girls now age 29 never miss your show either. Thank you for your guidence, our lives are more blessed thanks to you! Fondest regards, Corinne.Of course it would mean everything to me to have tickets to your opera house show!

5. linda konapuram says:

Hey Oprah, welcome soon to australia.
    I was so excited to find out ur coming.
    My life is good, but my mum sick with huntingtons and would not be able to go to ur show as we luv u very much.
    I am also going to get this disease, but very unlucky with a brain tumor as well….in the third ventricle, but lucky not cancer, i have been very unlucky in my health and had a bad coulpe of years. But i know that if i get to see u ,would mean so much to me, it would be like a dream, I don’t tell to many people about my health, I live life as happy as i can for me and my family…i wish to hopfully see u in sydney, thankyou.linda

6. suzie cowan says:

it will be really if i get pick . i’m going through lots right now with family now.

7. suzie cowan says:

hi oprah live in canada for twenty five years and never miss one of your shows i moved australia about five years ago with my husband that australian and two boys. i had really hard time adjusting to my new life over here only for husband to turn around said its over we getting separated , if had cut me you wouldn’t of find any blood i was in so much shock to hear that. the worst it i have no relatives only two friends here i’m not allow to move back home with my kids.
    please it would be nice to get some tickets for me and y two friends

8. naomi says:

OMG!!!!!!!! OPRAH!!!!!!Please let it be me and my sista picked…have loved you forever…and John Travolta…what a bonus!!!!

9. JILL lunn says:

Oprah ,I would love to come to one of your shows as I would love to bring my sister in law with me as we have had three years of illness and are recovering well but thats not the real reason we would love nothing more than to be in a audience of yours what in the world could possibly top that .Hope to here from you soon love Jill @Karen

10. Andy UDU says:

Everyone should visit Sydneys Royal National Park, 2nd oldest in the world

11. kelly cox says:

I would love to be part of the audience as i just love you oprah

12. JOanna says:

Can’t wait to see UUUUU :)))))

13. Domenica Crisafulli says:

Dear Oprah, I was frilled to pieces to hear that you were coming to Australia and that we would have the opportunity to be in the studio audience. I have loved watching your show over the years and it would be a lifetime dream to be in the studio audience. If possible could I have 5 tickets as I would love to surprise my sister, daughter, sister in law and special friend. Hoping to meet you in person otherwise I will be catch you on television. Regards Domenica.