Hollywood movie, Home Alone’s child star, Macaulay Culkin has celebrated his 30th birthday on yesterday, August 26th. Formerly Macaulay Culkin was ranked as second in respective lists of VH1’s 100 Greatest Kid-Stars of and E!’s 50 Greatest Child Stars.
Macaulay Culkin started career in acting since his fourth year. Then he continued appearing in roles on stage, television, and in films. At the age of 9, he starred in the most well-known Hollywood movie, 1990’s “Home Alone” and the sequel, 1992’s “Home Alone 2: Lost in New York”. In the history of Hollywood, “Home Alone” has turned out to be the highest grossing live-action comedy movie. Macaulay Culkin starred the lead role as the neglected child as Kevin McAllister in the first two parts of the movie. Macaulay Culkin has been the most out-of-work actor and has sustained a low-profile.
Other movies of Culkin experienced success with the first My Girl movie, as well as in The Good Son, Richie Rich, and Getting Even With Dad.
Macaulay Culkin showed his grown side on his 30th birthday. He was a regarded as close friends of Michael Jackson.
Macaulay married at the age of 18 with actress Rachel Miner during the year 1998 then after in 2000 the couple separated and divorced in 2002. Then Macaulay Culkin has dated with The That 70’s Show star, 24 year old Mila Kunis since May 2002. The rumors about their engagement were spread, but they have not planned to marry till now. They pass their time between New York City, Los Angeles and Glendale, California. Currently, he is working on a military comedy “Service Man”, which is scheduled for release in July 2011.
Some Macaulay’s facts:
- First stage appearance of Macaulay performed at the age of four on Broadway.
- When he was five, he appeared in the New York City Ballet’s “The Nutcracker”.
- Culkin studied from the prestigious School of American Ballet.
- He was the first actor “Home Alone” director Chris Columbus saw as he was casting for his hit film, however the filmmaker reportedly checked out another 200 potential child stars before realizing Culkin was his Kevin McCallister.
- In the U.S. alone, the first “Home Alone” movie grossed over $285 million.
- He married actress Rachel Miner in 1998 and after just two year they divorced. Culkin has been dating actress Mila Kunis since 2002.
- He became the first child actor to ever receive $1 million dollars for one film, 1991’s My Girl.
- He is godfather to Michael Jackson’s son Prince Michael and daughter Paris.
- His role in Born on the Fourth of July was cut by director Oliver Stone.
- His aunt is actress Bonnie Bedelia.
Erika M of Cincinnati said, “I can’t believe that Macaulay is really 30, now I just feel old! How about giving him his own sitcom where he plays a grown Kevin McCallister, maybe as a single father who has to deal with a young son who has even more energy and imagination than his character did? That could work right?”
Photos of Macaulay Culki:
Macaulay Culkin in 1980
Macaulay Culkin in 1989
Macaulay Culkin in 1990
Macaulay Culkin in 1991
Macaulay Culkin in1992
Macaulay Culkin in1993
Macaulay Culkin with ex-wife Rachel Miner in1999
Macaulay Culkin with Michael Jackson in 2001
Macaulay Culkin in 2003
Macaulay Culkin in 2004
Macaulay Culkin with Mila Kunis in 2007
Macaulay Culkin in 2009
Macaulay Culkin in 2010