A concept car C30 is being developed by Volvo with hydrogen fuel cell and electric drive that was unveiled in September.
A Swedish designer of commercial vehicles, Volvo unveiled its redesigned Hydrogen-Electric plug-in Car as Volvo C30, adding a hydrogen fuel cell to develop the EV’s 94-mile range. Second-generation Volvo C30 is available with complete interior, full instrumentation, and developed battery package.
The Volvo C30 Hydrogen-Electric car is featured with fuel cell that will add another 155 miles of range. The hydrogen cell contributes 250 km of range. Volvo said that on board reformer technology will facilitate double the range with no increasing the size of the battery. This change process is said to be 85% efficient.
Since Volvo is making hydrogen from gasoline, after that electricity from hydrogen, this procedure will also have technique for extra efficiency than a simple IC engine.
The 2011 Volvo C30 brings fresh new look that presents Swedish style in a compact package. The 2011 Volvo C30 loses its Volvo S40 derived (Front) end in favor of a design that motivated by the new S60 sedan and XC60 SUV after three model years in the U.S. market. The C30’s exterior design and interior factually set style at the forefront.
Volvo C30 is featured with the standard turbocharged five-cylinder engine that places out 227 horsepower. Consumers looking for comfort over handling, though, will want to take a look at the C30. “The C30′s longish wheelbase for a coupe made it a much better highway cruiser than canyon carver,” remarks CNET. The newest Volvo C30 showed at the Frankfurt auto show in September.
The C30’s price is more exclusive than several of its class competitors and speedily its price increases. The 2011 Volvo C30 is on hand with five-speed automatic transmission or six-speed manual.
Specifications of Volvo C30 Hydrogen-Electric:
- MSRP Starting at:
- R-Design: $26,950
- T5: $24,600
- Engine Description: Five-cylinder Turbocharged Engine
- Number of Cylinders: 5
- Engine Displacement: 2.5 Liters
- Engine Bore: 3.27 in.
- Engine Stroke: 3.67 in.
- Horsepower: 227 hp
- Horsepower Rev: 5000 rpm
- Torque: 236 lb-ft236 lb-ft
- Torque Rev: 1500 – 5000 rpm
- Fuel type: Gasoline
- MSRP Starting at:
- Fuel Capacity: 15.9 gal.
- Cargo Capacity: 12.9 cu.ft.
- Seating Capacity: 4
- Towing Capacity: 2000 lbs
- Five-speed Geartronic Transmission: 3200 lbs.
- Six-speed Manual Transmission: 3200 lbs.
- Fuel Economy:
- Five-speed Geartronic Transmission: 21
- Six-speed Manual Transmission: 21
- Estimated MPG FWD Highway:
- Five-speed Geartronic Transmission: 30
- Six-speed Manual Transmission: 29
- Exterior Dimensions:
- Height: 57 in.57 in
- Length: 167.4 in.167.4 in
- Width: 70.2 in.70.2 in
- Wheelbase: 103.9 in.103.9 in
- Track (Front): 60.4 in.60.4 in
- Track (Rear): 60.3 in.60.3 in
- Turning Radius (curb to curb):34.9 ft.34.9 ft
- Interior Dimensions:
- Head Room (Front): 38.9 in.38.9 in
- Head Room (Rear): 37.8 in.37.8 in
- Shoulder Room (Front):54.7 in.54.7 in
- Shoulder Room (Rear): 51.3 in.51.3 in
- Leg Room (Front)41.6 in.41.6in
- Leg Room (Rear) 34.2 in.34.2in
- Hip Room (Front):54.3 in.54.3in
- Hip Room (Rear): 45.1 in.45.1in
Features Volvo C30 Hydrogen-Electric:
- Anti-locking Brake System with Electronic Brake Assistance (EBA)
- Daytime Running Lights
- Dual Xenon Gas Discharge Headlights with Active Bending Lights (ABL)
- Dynamic Stability and Traction Control (DSTC) Anti-skid System
- Front Fog Lights
- Glass Tailgate
- Rear Fog Light w/Auto-off
- Side Positioning Lights
- Tapered Door Pillars
Photos Volvo C30 Hydrogen-Electric:
New Volvo C30 Hydrogen-Electric Car video from youtube: