Recently, Hyundai has released the details of the revised 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, which will enter model-year 2011 with a range of interior upgrades and a new, performance-focused 3.8 R-Spec trim.
The new 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe interior revisions are geared in the direction of creating a more upscale look, starting with chrome trim surrounds for the instrument cluster, center-stack buttons, and automatic-transmission shift gate. Fabric replaces hard plastic on the A-pillars, while dark, metallic-look accents replace plastic on the center stack, door handles, air vents, and steering wheel.
The 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Take the best elements of a stripped-down, no-frills base Genesis Coupe and the top-of-the-line 3.8 Track model, and blend. Genesis Coupe equipped with range of new features such as Hyundai’s 306-horsepower 3.8-liter V-6 engine with its 266 pound-feet of torque and 149 mph top speed, a set of Brembo brakes sized 13.4 inches in front and 13.0 inches in the rear with four-piston calipers all around, a limited-slip differential, and a track-tuned suspension with stiffer springs, heavy-duty struts, larger anti-roll bars, and a strut tower brace.
The Genesis coupe used Soft-touch materials to the door panels, glove box, dashboard, and door armrests, with better leather for the steering wheel. It also scores new rear coat hooks, a new trunklid handle, and improved graphics for the digital information display.
The new Genesis Coupe lineup consists of six models including the 2.0T, 2.0T Premium, 2.0T R-Spec, 3.8 Grand Touring, 3.8 Track, and 3.8 R-Spec.
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Interior Updates
- New dark metal grain accents on center stack, door handles, air vent register bezels and steering wheel trim
- New soft-touch, matte-finish surfaces on door panels, center speaker grille, glove box, and lower instrument panel
- Padded door armrests
- Softer, premium steering wheel leather
- Cloth-wrapped A-pillars
- Chrome finish for A/T shift gate bezel and center stack control knobs
- Enhanced multi-information display screen graphics
- 3.8 R-Spec model added
- Chrome finish gauge cluster rings
- Rear coat hooks
- Revised model lineup featuring six flavors of Genesis Coupe: 2.0T, 2.0T Premium, 2.0T R-Spec, 3.8 R-Spec, 3.8 Grand Touring, 3.8 Track
- Trunk deck lid grab handle
- Navigation with Fully Automatic Temperature Control now standard on Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Tested video from YouTube: