RRB has issued employment notification for the recruitment of 6101 posts in various designations. Here, interested candidates can find the details of RRB exam such as fees, important dates, eligibility, age limit, selection process and how to apply.
There is a huge craze for Indian Railways jobs among all the government job seekers due to its suitable working patterns, good salary and job security. Every year, lacs of candidates in India apply for RRB exam. People searching for railway jobs can try their luck by applying for RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) exam 2014. RRB has issued a recruitment notification regarding 6101 vacancies in various designations.
RRB posted online application on 20 September for 6101 posts: Junior Engineer (3967 vacancies), Senior Section Engineer (1798 vacancies), Chief Depot Material Superintendent (52 vacancies), Depot Material Superintendent (105 vacancies) and Chemical Metallurgical Assistant (179 vacancies). Candidates aged between 18 and 35 years of age can apply for any of these jobs before 19 October, 2014.
The fees for applying the exam are Rs.100 for UR/ OBC Male candidates, which can paid online ( Net Banking/debit/ credit card) or via SBI/Post office challan. Other candidates are exempted from fee. Candidates must have four-year Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering/ Degree/Diploma in related field or its equivalent course from recognized University/ Institute.
The written exam for Jr Engineer Group and Sr Engineer Group will be held on 14th December and 21st December 2014 respectively. Candidates will be selected on the basis of written exam and document verification. The pay scale will range from Rs. 9300 to Rs. 34800 with GP (grade pay) of Rs. 4200 to Rs. 4600.
How to Apply:
- The only way to apply for RRB exam is ONLINE at Railway Recruitment Board website.
- Access RRB website and hit on “New Registration” option located on the left hand side.
- After that, select any one of twenty one cities and press “Apply Now” button.
- Enter the basic details: Name, Father’s name, Date of Birth, e-mail Address, Mobile number and Educational Qualification etc.
- Select the post SSE or JE and follow the instructions for completing the registration process and getting a Registration Number & Password.
- Now, login with your Registration Number and Password and enter other details.
- Then, fill the payment details and download the blank “Template”. Scan the Template in colour JPEG format after affixing your signature, photograph, left thumb impression and the declaration on template.
- Again login with Registration Number and Password to upload the file/scanned filled “Template”.
- Finally, submit the application and take print out for records.
Online application Submission begins: September 20, 2014
Last date for submitting online applications: October 19, 2014
Written Examination for Junior Engineer Group: 14.12.2014
(Junior Engineer, Depot Material Superintendent, Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant):
Written Examination for Senior Section Engineer Group: 21.12.2014
(Senior Section Engineer, Chief Depot Material Superintendent)
No. of posts:
Senior Section Engineer: 1798 vacancies
- P-Way: 282 Posts
- Bridge: 54 Posts
- Works: 208 Posts
- Civil: 82 Posts
- Estimator: 04 Posts
- Research Engineering: 02 Posts
- Workshop: 01 Post
- Mechanical Workshop: 121 Post
- Mechanical: 65 Posts
- Carriage & Wagon: 250 Posts
- Diesel Mechanical: 39 Posts
- Diesel Electrical: 25 Posts
- Diesel (A): 02 Posts
- Loco: 05 Posts
- J&T (Jig & Tools)/ (Drawing/ Design &Drawing) Mechanical: 11 Posts
- Drawing: 01 Post
- Design (Mechanical): 02 Posts
- Engineering Workshop: 02 Posts
- S&T Workshop: 02 Posts
- Mechanical/ Dy.Car/ BG & MG: 01 Post
- Electrical/ Electrical (GS): 259 Posts
- Electrical Operations: 02 Posts
- Electrical Maintenance: 01 Post
- Electrical (TRD): 47 Posts
- Electrical (TRS): 12 Posts
- Electrical/ RS: 07 Posts
- (Drawing/ Design & Drawing) Electrical: 25 Posts
- Signal: 121 Posts
- Telecommunication: 65 Posts
- Drawing/ S&T: 04 Posts
- (Research) Instrumentation: 02 Posts
- Track Machine: 79 Posts
- Printing Press: 12 Posts
- Engineer/ Melt: 03 Posts
Chief Depot Material Superintendent: 52 vacancies
Junior Engineer: 3967 vacancies
- P-Way: 517 Posts
- Works: 185 Posts
- Bridge: 76 Posts
- Drawing/ Drawing & Design (Civil): 167 Posts
- Estimator/ Senior Estimator: 17 Posts
- (Design) Civil: 20 Posts
- (Research) Engineering: 06 Posts
- Mechanical Workshop: 446 Posts
- (W/ Shop) Engine Development: 01 Post
- Mechanical: 242 Posts
- Carriage & Wagon (Open Line): 542 Posts
- Mechanical: 02 Posts
- Mechanical (MWT): 02 Posts
- (Research) Mechanical: 03 Posts
- Diesel Mechanical: 162 Posts
- Diesel Electrical: 80 Posts
- Loco: 27 Posts
- (Drawing/ Design/ Designing& Drawing) Mechanical/ Mechanical Design: 73 Posts
- J&T (Jig & Tools): 08 Posts
- (Design) Carriage & Wagon: 08 Posts
- Electrical/ Electrical General: 479 Posts
- Electrical/ TRD: 88 Posts
- Electrical: 10 Posts
- Electrical/ TRS: 71 Posts
- RS: 21 Posts
- (Design) Electrical: 12 Posts
- (Drawing/ Design/ Design & Drawing) Electrical: 67 Posts
- Signal: 189 Posts
- Telecommunication: 164 Posts
- Drawing/ Drawing & Design/ Signal/ S&T: 35 Posts
- Estimator (S&T): 01 Post
- Drawing: 02 Posts
- S&T Workshop: 03 Posts
- (Research) Instrumentation: 09 Posts
- IT: 93 Posts
- Track Machine: 109 Posts
- Engineering Workshop: 09 Posts
- Junior Engineer Plant: 01 Post
- Printing Press: 18 Posts
- Junior Engineer/ Melt: 02 Posts
Depot Material Superintendent: 105 vacancies
Chemical Metallurgical Assistant: 179 vacancies
Candidates should have 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering/Degree/Diploma in related disciplines or its equivalent course from a recognised institute.
Candidates should pay Rs.100/- for UR/ OBC Male candidates through online using Net Banking or debit/ credit card or through Challan form in SBI Branch, or Computerized Post Office Pay-in-Slip in SBI. SC/ ST/ Ex-Servicemen/ Persons with Disability (PWD)/ Women/ Minorities and EBC candidates are exempted from fee.
Age Limit: 18-35 years
The criteria for selecting candidates involve a written exam.
There shall be negative marking in the written examination. One third of the marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
Salary: Rs 9300 – 34800 per month.
Junior Engineer Group Grade Pay: Rs.4200
Senior Section Engineer Group Grade Pay: Rs.4600