Mahindra & Mahindra has launched its first electric car in the automobile market named as ‘REVAi’. The newest Mahindra & Mahindra REVAi is similar to the exciting concept of Reva, but it is different due to several features. The price and specifications of Mahindra & Mahindra REVAi electric car in India are mentioned below.
Mahindra also plans to release other car Reva NXG and Reva NXR; however no more launch details has been disclosed yet. From the day while Mahindra bought majority stakes in electric car manufacturer Reva, the company plans and approaches were kept covered.
The Company has planned to launch Reva in the Chinese market. And another cause behind need is increasing demand of eco-friendly vehicles across the world that could either be hybrid vehicles or electric cars.
The Mahindra EV, REVAi will be available for sale at only some selected Mahindra dealership in Hyderabad. The REVAi is featured with regenerative braking system with the driving wheels that produce electricity to store in the Lead-Acid batteries at the time of slowing down or braking. The car is eco-friendly and easy to drive as well as easy to maneuver around for the reason that it has no gears, no emissions and noise.
The boost’ feature is included in REVAi that allows the driver to go for more power so acceleration increases. This feature make it fun car to drive from 0 to 40 km/h in 7 seconds and to hit a top speed of 80 km/h. Additionally, it has a ‘hill restraint’ feature that permits enhanced negotiation on slopes. Due to its advanced technologies, it can go to a maximum of 80 km with fully charge.
The electric car is a small three-door hatchback car that measures 2.6 m (8 ft 6 in) long, 1.3 m (4 ft 3 in) wide and 1.5 m (4 ft 11 in) high. The car has capacity two adults in the front and two children in the rear. The maximum passenger and cargo weight is 270 kg (600 lb).
The REVAi comes in six standard colors including Silver Arrow, Blue Envy, Passion Yellow, Midnight Black, Angel White, and Cherry Red.
Mahindra REVAi price in India:
Mahindra Reva has joined with Mahindra finance that will assist customers with an exclusive financing plan. Mahindra & Mahindra is geared up to sale the REVAi car to a customer if they are ready to pay same an interest free refundable deposit of Rs. 1 lakh with 36 monthly installment of Rs.8999 each that total amounting up to Rs.3,23,964 and also Rs.50,000 during the end of the third year to take full ownership of the car. Otherwise, at the end of 3 years one can return the car and get Rs.1 lakh back who had paid at first.
Mr. R. Chandramouli, Chief of Operations, Mahindra REVA said, “We are delighted to launch the REVAi in Hyderabad where there is already a great deal of interest in our vehicles. With issues such as climate change and carbon footprint taking centre stage globally, eco-friendly transportation has become the need of the hour. The electric vehicle market is hence, poised to grow rapidly. Mahindra’s extensive distribution network, coupled with our unique finance plan will help us make significant inroads into the local market.”
Few features of new REVAi:
- No gears or clutch: This new concept is totally automatic that help you while you are uncomfortable with the idea of wrestling with gears.
- No tailpipe: REVAi has no tailpipe that makes it a zero emissions vehicle on the road.
- Highly manoeuvrable: The REVAi has a turning radius of just 3.5 mtrs that means you can easily carve your way through city traffic.
- Whisper quiet operation: The REVAi motor produced no more than a barely audible hum. Even at top speed.
- Economical: As compared to petrol car, the REVAi car can divide your travelling costs for the month.
- Charging: To charge the REVAi, it is easy like your mobile phone.
Additional features of REVAi, as compared to the older Reva:
- Energy management system (EMS) which is a technology ensuring optimum performance and life from the battery
- A “boost” mode for increased acceleration
- Regenerative braking system to charge the battery while applying brakes or slowing down the car
- A “hill restraint” feature for driving down steep slopes
- Easy to drive with no gears and ideal car for congested roads
- 7 seconds to accelerate from zero to 40 kmph
- The car can travel up to 80 km on a single charge